Distinctive Custom Homes
A custom home - built on your lot - the Distinctive way. Because our roots are in the remodeling business, we are uniquely capable of providing turnkey design and construction services to build your home efficiently and cost-effectively. Those services include:
- Conceptual design to help you establish a budget
- Architectural and engineering expertise
- Design review to ensure quality and value
- Material selection
- Daily subcontractor management
- Budget management
Our approach is clearly defined and supported by honest, direct communication. We are not a track home builder. Our definition of a custom home is one that’s built specifically for you to meet your needs. Our team of design and construction professionals is ready to help you get started. Whether you have a set of plans or are just starting to look for the right piece of property on which to build you dream home – we can help.
Distinctive Design / Build / Remodel has the experience, credibility, partnerships, and resources to make sure your custom home exceeds your expectations.
From the beginning, we work with you to define and select the most important elements for your project:
- Location: Lot selection, slopes, views, grading, etc.
- Design: Interior and exterior design elements to meet your needs.
- Material Selections: Flooring, appliances, countertops, and all the other things that will make your home uniquely yours.
- Process Management: We use proven processes for scheduling, subcontractor oversight, quality assurance, and site management.
- Energy Efficiency: We integrate up-to-date building science and energy efficiency measures to make your home sustainable and cost effective to operate.
- Budget: We keep an eye on the bottom line for you to make sure your highest priorities are met while helping you stick to your budget.
Contact us today for a no-obligation consultation on designing and building the home of your dreams. We would be happy to help define your project and talk through our unique and transparent process which will end with the successful construction of your custom home.
Why remodelers make the best custom home builders:
- We have the experience and knowledge that only comes from restoring older homes. If something can go wrong with a house – we’ve seen it – and we’ve fixed it! The best building practices we’ve developed while remodeling are built into every one of our custom homes.
- Remodeling is like a vital operation. Like a good doctor, we take the time to make sure homeowners thoroughly understand the process before the operation begins. The same detailed communication and expert guidance we provide our remodeling clients is provided to our custom home clients.
- Building a custom home means making hundreds of decisions that will affect not only the success of your project but also the cost. Our years in remodeling have taught us to think out of the box and develop unique design and construction solutions.
4 Reasons You Should Have Your Home Built The Distinctive Way
1. We build homes of unparalleled quality and we don’t believe in cutting corners.
Distinctive Design / Build / Remodel is a fully licensed and insured general contractor and residential builder in NC and SC. We build homes in the $350,000 to $1,000,000+ range. We build in the Charlotte, NC metro area, the sea islands of Charleston, SC including Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island, and Folly Beach as well as select communities in the Carolina Mountains. We build small cottages and cabins as well as 10,000 square foot plus custom homes.
2. We provide our clients with turn-key design and construction services.
If you’re already working with an architect, we would be happy to execute the construction of your project from an existing plan. We can help you avoid costly surprises as you move toward the construction phase by uncovering feasibility issues and helping you make all the decisions necessary to complete your specifications package and construction documents. If you are starting from scratch, you can count on the Distinctive Design / Build Team to coordinate the design and drafting of your blueprints while keeping a close watch on the cost implications of the different design options.
3. We are dedicated to making the custom home building process as stress-free as possible.
Our Design / Build team keeps you informed every step of the way. This approach has repeatedly won rave reviews from past clients. We believe that providing our clients with clear, concise schedules along with regular updates makes the experience of building a custom home enjoyable rather than hectic and unsettling. Each of our clients is provided with a private, web-based client portal that they can log into for all the latest information on their project including photos, contract documents, change orders, selection sheets and much more.
4. We have experience with all types of architectural styles.
Distinctive Design / Build / Remodel takes great pride in providing top quality, hand-crafted custom homes in Charlotte, NC including Lake Norman and Lake Wylie, the sea islands of Charleston, SC including Kiawah Island, Seabrook Island and Folly Beach, as well as select communities in the Carolina Mountains. We enjoy fulfilling the unique requests of our clients including homes in the following architectural styles:
- Arts and Crafts
- Cape Cod
- Conventional Ranch styles
- Farm Houses
- Low Country and Coastal architecture
- Mountain Chalets, and much more
We have solid experience building in the steep terrain of the Carolina Mountains as well as the gentle hills of the Piedmont on down to the low country of Charleston and the sea islands of Kiawah, Seabrook and Folly Beach.
The Distinctive Custom Home Building Process
No matter what phase of the construction or remodeling process you are in, Distinctive Design / Build / Remodel can help. Many of our clients come to us with a custom home dream but they just don’t know where to start. Others have already started working with an architect and need to find a builder they can trust.
There are three steps in the design phase of building a custom home. While the length of this preconstruction phase varies from weeks to months depending on the client and their needs, our process is the same for each client. Some steps may be skipped if the plans have already been developed or there is no need for a construction loan. If you would like to schedule a consultation, click here.